Here's where the fun begins! Go ahead and try out our sample lessons. To download all lessons for free, click here.
- Lesson 1: Starting Scratch and Animating your Sprite [pdf]
- Lesson 2: Creating your Sprite [pdf]
- Lesson 3: Playing with Scratch Projects [pdf]
- Scratch Programming for Teens by Jr. Jerry Lee Fordi [amazon]
- Scratch 1.4: Beginner's Guide by Michael Badger [amazon]
Storytelling Alice Lessons
You may download Storytelling Alice from here. Please note that this distribution is based on the original Storytelling Alice but augmented with additional Storytelling Alice elements, such as characters, scenes, and sound. These additional elements are needed in support of the Storytelling Alice lessons provided below.
- Getting Ready for Storytelling [pdf]
- Lesson 1: Playing with Storytelling Alice [pdf]
- Lesson 2: The Big Race [pdf]
- Lesson 3: Running Around In Loops [pdf]
To download all 7 lessons for free click here.
In addition to delivering the benefits of lower cost and simplified management, which in turn, lower the "barrier to entry" for computing, our novel mapping of virtualization for K-12 pedagogy seeks to deliver a comparable level of computing services to rural and under-privileged areas that affluent areas already enjoy via their expansive physical resources. All of the above is captured in this project that we dub MyVICE, which is short for My Virtual Instances of Computing Environments.
For additional information or to provide feedback, please contact us.